This is one of my favorite easy to prepare salads, light and full of nutrients, I usually have that salad at dinner.
by Nima Z. A.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Three servings (you can increase or decrease for your need)
- One and a half toasted dried bread ( whole grain is better)
- One tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- One tablespoon vinegar (I prefer organic unfiltered, taste wonderful !)
- Bunch of fresh mint leaf
- Seven black olives (sliced)
- One-half medium size tomato (cut into cubes)
- One-half lemon peel (cut into small pieces)
- One-half lemon juice
- One-half minced garlic
- One Tuna can or fresh tuna, around 6 Oz (170 g), you can add more if you like
- One-half Dell pepper, green or yellow any color would work (cut into cubes)
- One-half medium size onion (sliced)
- A hint of salt (I prefer Himalaya pink salt)
- Cut the bread into cubes, and then mix with the minced garlic very well
- Add the mixture to a mid-size pan that has the olive oil, toast the bread very well.
- In another mid-size bowl, mix the vinegar with the olives, tomato cubes, pepper cubes, onion slices, Tuna cubes, lemon peels, and the salt.
- After that mix the vegetables with the toasted bread
- Then add the lemon juice and decorate with mint leaf
Note: You can always modify or add more veggies like celery or lettuce, however, I do not recommend adding cucumber, as that taste will never mix with the tuna.