Today is the Seafood day, Shrimp soup is an easy to prepare herb based soup with lots of nutrients, and flavors. Simple and easy steps no need for fancy preparation tools. Just pour it into a bowl and enjoy it with bread!.
Shrimp can be a unique source of the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory carotenoid nutrient astaxanthin, phosphorous, selenium, proteins, Vitamin B12, etc. (source)
by Nima Z. A.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Serving: 4 persons
- 16 pieces (1/2 pound) of precooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed (medium or large size taste better)
- Six minced garlic teeth
- Two tablespoons brown sugar ( you can use organic agave nectar instead)
- Two tablespoons tomato sauce
- Two lemons, squeeze freshly to prepare lemon juice
- Two tablespoons lemon peels
- Two cups fresh chopped mint
- One cup coconut milk (can 13.5 Oz)
- In med size bowl add the lemon juice, tomato sauce, minced garlic, and the sugar (or agave), then mix them very well.
- Soak the shrimps in lightly salted water for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your pan on low temperature, then add the shrimps, the prepared lemon soup, and the chopped mint, mix them together.
- Leave on medium temperature about 3-5 minutes until the shrimp become soft and juicy.
- Finally, add the coconut milk and leave the mixture for 3-5 minutes again.
- Optional: you can add any kind of veggies to the soup, like tomato slices, onion rings, and chopped parsley for decoration.